
So for those of you who don't know, October is the official Breast Cancer Awareness month. In honor of this month, I will have this special little background up for most of the month, until it gets so close to Halloween that I just can't stand not having something creepy. This came from McKenna Dawn and she created 2 Breast cancer pink templates that only cost a $2 donation to the American Cancer Society. So if you want to do some good for only a couple bucks, click on her logo in my top right corner and get the templates!
I have worked my share of retail jobs, and if they all only taught me one thing, its that people are far too selfish. Ok, so not ALL, but most. Lots of retail locations at some point in the year will team up with some charity to try and raise money. And not only that, but most of the time they come up with some little trinket that you get with your donation, so all us selfish people feel like we actually get something out of the deal. It always drove me crazy when I would be ringing up someone's $80 shoes purchase, and I would politely ask if they would like to donate a dollar or two to the March of Dimes to help premature babies (like its their fault.... I mean, if you should help anybody, its BABIES!) and they would say NO. Because they can't afford it. Or, they just better not because they have already spent too much. *????* WHAT?! Are you freaking KIDDING me?!!! So you mean to tell me that you can afford to buy $80 worth of shoes, but you can't spare a buck to help some sweet, innocent premature babies? Wow. I'm not gonna lie, I frequently got really short and downright snotty with some customers at this point, but I don't feel bad at all. Not one teensy bit. That includes the people who said no to donating $1 to go to the Susan G Komen fund for breast cancer research. And they would have even received a pink ribbon charm with a $5 off coupon for their next purchase! All I know is that I hope those people don't get diagnosed with breast cancer. That would sure make ya feel dumb. Yep.
So, keep that in mind over the next few months. Maybe you will have visions of the previous attitude-driven paragraph and you will feel remorse for even CONSIDERING saying no to donating $1 to a good cause. And then you will donate $5. And my work here is done.





1 comment:
Hey guys!!! I'm at work right now, and its not allowing me to see anything you have written, just the pictures. And let me tell you Ms. Jenni, I will be going home to check out save the ta-tas! You two are the funniest! I just freakin love ya guys!! And yes, we should have a splendid memorial for my damn @#!#ing blog!
Post a Comment