~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Football and Video Games

We had a GREAT weekend! We were both lucky enough to have Friday off so we could go have a "stay home vacation" and we decided to go down to Salt Lake City and browse the Gateway and go to one of my favorite date night locations -- the Desert Star Theater. We saw their current rediculous spoof/play called "Scary Poppins: Super-Nanny-Gone-Ballistic-Expialidocious!" And yes, it was quite rediculous. It honestly wasn't as funny as others that I have seen there, but still very fun. On Saturday we spent most of our day with Bryce (Matt's brother) and Kate and their two boys Hunter and Brayton. They both are playing football right now so we went to their games since they were conveniently scheduled to play one right after the other at the same location. The above photo is of Hunter and his dad Bryce after his game.... He looks a little worn out, don't ya think?! First I have to say that I positively love football. Second, Hunter... that was an incredible game! They played a team from Layton and they are a team that nobody has beat this season, and have only been scored on once. Not to mention they're all freakishly HUGE. Well, Hunter and his fellow Warriors gave them a serious battle! The final score was 19 to 22, and although Layton did end up winning, it was a fantastic game and was probably the toughest game that either team has played this season. It was so fun to watch! Brayton was next and Matt and I have agreed that we think he is taking lessons from Hunter on how to hit/pummel an opposing player. The kid can cause pain! He was doing such a good job out there, and we can't wait to see him grow to the point that he can take on his big brother!


This is Wyatt Beckey. He is in our class that we teach in Primary, and he is a big kid, but a big teddy bear. (Don't tell him I said that!) I snuck this picture and he promptly began throwing grass at me in an effort to get me back!
After the games we thought it would be fun to have the boys over for a sleepover. We haven't done that yet since we moved here, (almost a year... yikes!) so we figured it was due. They brought over their Wii and we stayed up much too late playing games. It was so fun! Needless to say, I don't think any of us learned anything at church today. We were all too stoned out from the lack of sleep! We love having these two over though because they are such good kids and so much fun to be around. Plus, I love seeing Matt be their Uncle. He simply loves it! Proof that he will be an excellent dad someday..... someday.

3 comments:

AmberLee said...

Hey Jennie! Love the blogspot! You and Matt look so happy. I miss seeing you around. We should get together sometime!!

Love ya lots

AmberLee Jensen

Kymn and Tabs said...

it sounds like you had a really nice "weekend vacation" it's nice to relax when you get the chance!

Kymn and Tabs said...

Yes, yes fatherhood is great! AND SO ARE VIDEO GAMES!!!