Our anniversary landed in the middle of a work-week this year, so we decided to wait to celebrate until the weekend. It was wonderful! We stayed a night at the Providence Inn and went to dinner. We like to go there because it is attached to the Old Rock church, (where we had our reception) and I had won a night's stay there when I went to a Bridal Show, so we just stayed there after the reception! It was nice to not have to travel anywhere.
So now we like to go there to celebrate our anniversary -- adds a little extra meaning. I honestly love the place. It has so much history, and they have old pictures and old newspaper articles framed and hung all over the main floor. They are so accommodating, and its so cozy and you totally leave feeling like you got your money's worth!! That's kinda rare these days. The room we stayed in this year is my favorite so far. It was so cozy, and the tub was flippin ginormous!! 


I know....we're such nerds!
On Saturday evening we went to the Dee in Ogden to see my SIL Annie at her cheer competition. I have to say, I never cared much for the Box Elder cheer leaders. They just were never much to talk about. But I was way impressed with Annie and all her fellow cheer girls!! They are so AWESOME this year, and they proved it! They took first and won the Spirit award -- you Go Girl!! After that we met my parents at GoodWood BBQ for dinner. Thanks for wanting to celebrate with us! We got the big family platter that lets you try a bunch of different things, and it was so delicious. We seriously ate ourselves sick! It was so good I would probably do it again though! ;) One of the hi-lights of the night was when we were walking up to the doors of Goodwood and my dad was staring down a new truck that was parked out front -- and wasn't watching where he was going and (bwahahahahaha!!) walked right into the handicap parking sign!! LOL!! It was so funny....nearly fileted his left peck off, but I couldn't help but laugh! Love ya dad! ;) It was such a fun evening.





13 comments:
Sounds fun! I agree BEHS, I love, BUT the cheer team. nothing to talk about :)
hope your dad's left peck is ok haha
forgot to mention... I stinking LOVE your pictures! The two of you are SO funny!
Okay, most importantly, Happy Anniversary! But I'm mostly laughing...on the verge of tears...about your dad! Hahhaha! Aw, dang! So funnnny. :)
Ouch! Your poor dad's peck! LOL. Providence Inn sounds awesome.
I am sooooo jealous of that tub! Wowzers! You two have the most fun of anyone I know. I love being your friend, and getting to live vicariously thru you! HAHA! I love you guys, and I'm glad that you had a very happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Im glad you guys had fun, and Im so jealous, ive always wanted to stay there!
OK. I appreciate that you found my sign episode so funny. I would have too. #1: they shouldn't put signs with sharp metal edges in sidewalks, #2: new Chevy Duramax's are hot, and 3: no harm done to my peck...you've seen my pecks, right? Dad
So that Providence Inn....that looks so cool!! I want to go there! Is it like a bed and breakfast? I am keeping that place in mind for my own anniversary!
Looks like you guys had fun! We have gone up to Logan to stay before, but we wanted to get away from the cold :} I am pretty sure we should do something together sometime!
Haha so we sucked?! Jk :) Sounds like you guys had fun!
WOW! I don't know how you resist Matts "sexy face" it looks like you guys had a Fun AND nice Anniversary!
Haha Oh Jenni I love you :) I know you didn't mean it, I will forgive you ;) So I enrolled Daisy in these puppy classes every Wednesday night, they are so fun haha.
Like puppy training classes, they rock! They are at Don's Pet Care. But yeah, bring by a brochure! I'd love it.
Post a Comment