I finally got to go visit my Hagar and see her sweet little baby McKenna Mae!! Technically, she shouldn't even be here yet, but we are all glad to have her, healthy and strong. I visited on my day off (Friday) and ended up being there for about 6 hours...it was wonderful! I got to hold the little wiggle-worm and feed her a bottle, she showed her affection for me by puking down my cleavage, and Heather and I did some much needed catching up. It was simply lovely. McKenna does this really adorable and funny face all the time, and it's totally Blue Steel! I was laughing too much to think that I should maybe take a picture, so I didn't get one, but I plan on doing so next time. Love it.
Then on Sunday it was her blessing day! We went out to Corinne (oh hooray! heh heh) for the blessed event, and I was reminded of how much I dislike that "fresh" country air. I love baby blessings. They are just so wondrous to me, and so peaceful and beautiful. I have no words for it. Unfortunately you can't see McKenna too well, but she was bundled up because it was cold.
Then, we went to my parent's house for the biggest holiday feast of the year -- THE SUPER BOWL!! We were all so stoked about the Cardinals being in the super bowl this year. We have all been to see a game down in Arizona, so we all felt like they are as close as we will get to actually having a team. Since Utah is dumb and doesn't have one. We all got decked out in our official NFL gear...
Luckily my main man Larry Fitzgerald #11 (my jersey! Yeah!) finally was able to get his hands on the ball and make some amazing plays and a touchdown, but the Steelers were able to rally and make one final touchdown before the time ran out.....stinkin Steelers. It was an amazing game, though. I don't ever remember a Super Bowl that was as entertaining as this one was. It was amazing!! Here's to next year!





9 comments:
I'm so happy you have a Fitzgerald jersey. He's the man! I'm not a huge Cardinals fan, but you have to respect great talent no matter who you cheer for. I'm sad the Cardinals lost, but it was an entertaining game. I'm jealous you had good food, I don't know what my deal was this year, but I forgot to buy Superbowl snacks! That's like forgetting to buy a Christmas tree for Christmas!!
It was quite the game! We blessed Taycee on the 1st too. I have to agree there is something extra special about baby blessings. :)
haha...Melissa, I love you and your love for football. It makes me feel all happy inside to know that there is at least one girl out there who feels the same way I do!
Holy teeny! She is bitsy! I love it!!! And gosh--the game was so crappy for the first ENTIRE half! I'm glad it got better--but I'm pretty ticked about the Steelers. Why couldn't the underdog win!?
YAY! Another post delivered perfectly by Miss Jenni! I was really beginning to feel deprived! That game was amazing! (Yeah, Dave wouldn't let me watch anything else.) And Matt Liner wasn't bad watching either, very nice butt and pretty pretty pretty face. And that HUGE CRAZY Togan guy on the Steelers that always came flying out of no where was the best! Love ya babe!
I feel like I suddenly see you guys everywhere, well not everywhere, but you know what I mean. I would have stayed and talked to you guys at the blessing, but I had to hurry up to primary! Buy the way, what do you have against "country air"? ;0)
I was very sad that the Cardinals lost too. When the Steelers made that last touchdown, I was so sad! I do have to say there were some pretty cool commercials this year! My favorites were the Bridgestone tires on the moon and of course the Transformers 2 teaser. I am such a movie nerd!
tag!
It really was such a good game, they both played really well but in the end, my...i mean the Steelers won, im really a Broncos fan, so I didn't care which team won, but I did tell everyone that the Stealers would take it home! Sorry for all you Cardinal fans! maybe next year!
Post a Comment