~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My "Pearl Harbor"



I'm pretty sure that I don't need to tell anybody what today's date is the anniversary of. I know that I will never forget this day in 2001, and showing up to my first hour where the TV was on. It was so confusing at first. I didn't know why I saw the expressions on my classmates faces of horror. Not yet anyway. It didn't take long for my face to show the same emotions. How terrifying! Now, I wasn't around when Pearl Harbor attacked. All I have for that one are movies and my history teachers. But I imagine that peoples faces around the country looked pretty much the same at Pearl Harbor as they did when the Towers were hit, and we all realized that it most certainly was NOT an accident.

My little bro Alex sent me a really neat email not too long ago, and it was about the USS New York. Apparently they made a huge ship with steel from the World Trade Center. Very chill enducing. Seriously, let's all promise to Never Forget.


"On September 2001, our nation's enemies brought their fight to New York.....
The USS New York will now bring the fight to our nation's enemies well into the future."
~ Gov. George Pataki
For more info on the USS New York, visit www.ussnewyork.com

No comments: