~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Monday, January 19, 2009

*Football and a King*

I just need to say something after yesterday's events: I......LOVE.......FOOTBALL!!! The game yesterday between the Cardinals and the Eagles was nothing short of fantastic! I was so out of control the last quarter, I think I actually sat down for a total of only 10 minutes. It was GREAT! These pictures are actually from a while ago.....September of 2007 to be exact. We went on a road trip with a couple of friends down tho Phoenix, so we figured that while we were there we would go to a game so we could see their new stadium. Which is so amazing. We were sitting in the nose-bleeds, but it was still so much fun! Yes, I got myself a Fitzgerald jersey... he is so The Man! There is NOTHING like going to an NFL football game!! Can't wait for the Super Bowl....

On another completely different note, I was up way too late last night because I was watching the History Channel. Those who know me are not at all amazed by this. I was watching this show about Martin Luther King Jr., and I found it totally fascinating. He really was an incredible man. It will never cease to amaze me how hostile the civil rights movement actually was, and it really wasn't that long ago. I think that's what blows my mind the most -- the fact that it was only about 50 years ago. Because in my head, I can't figure out the mentality of the people who had a problem with integration....that they really believed that the differences were big enough that they couldn't be ignored. So strange to me! So anyway..... it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and our nation owes him a lot.

5 comments:

Alaina Nelson said...

Amen! MLK was an AMAZING man! I also dont understand how violent and crazy people can be, especially over such small things...

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

It is weird to think how it wasn't that long ago. People are crazy! Bren and I were totally jealous of your football pics. Go Cards!

Kymn and Tabs said...

I was JUST telling my brother that i was glad to be born when i was! I can't even imagine what it must have felt like back then!

The Barbers said...

Sorry, I don't share the same love for football. But I do have a love of food... how was your dinner the other night. You know what I'm talking about :)

David and Sarah said...

Holy crap! I seriously miss you guys!!! Matt totally did a me the other night when Dave called. So Sad! I seriously suck.