~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

~MY Playlist~

So I figured that it would only be fair that I give a commentary on some of my songs on my playslist, since I asked all of you (wink, wink) to divulge a bit of info about YOUR playlists. So here it goes...

I explained the first three songs in the previous post.... The fact that they are all on the Twilight soundtrack is the only reason why I know they even exist. Plus, the third song would explain many moments in my life -- "When I caught myself, I had to stop myself from saying something that I should have never thought." Yeah. I don't think I need to explain much more on that.

Several songs I just like because they sound sexy. Usher is a good example of that. And Bobby Valentino -- his songs take me back to my clubbin days, right before the club closes for the night. Such great fun...

I am IN LOVE with the Sarah Bareilles cd!!! Every song is SO GOOD!!

Ok, so.... Outkast. Hey-Ya came out the summer after I graduated from high school. I was up the the Tri-Cities area of Washington with Dip, and this sorta turned into a late-night theme song of sorts, along with Maroon 5. We would go drive around and crank this and car dance and triple-clap in all the right places. And yes, we would shake it like a Polaroid picture!

All the Roisin Murphy songs are a little weird, yes, but I love them. I first heard of her on So You Think You Can Dance. They did a dance to "Ramalama" that was kind of a wannabe Thriller on crack. It was flippin sweet though! Probably one of my favorite dances of all time on that show was to her song "Night of the Dancing Flame." It was so cool. You should clicky on the links and check 'em out! When it comes to choreography, Wade Robson is THE MAN!

Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time." The video for this song is probably the beginning reason why I am obsessed with ancient Egypt, since I was like, 6 when it came out. Simply a must-see. Eddie Murphy and Magic Johnson are great in it. ;) (oh GOSH its soooo cheesy! haha! )

There ya go! A few songs with explanations. If you feel like you just must know the history behind another song that I didn't discuss here, just leave it in a comment.

PS: Did you all notice who People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive is? Oh wow.... I totally agree with them..... He couldn't be sexier!! Click the link and check it out!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Ramalama was my favorite dance on SYTYCD as well. Wade Robson is the man!

David and Sarah said...

Confession...I totally come on here all the time just to let your playlist play. What can I say, you have hot taste in music! Plus, Annie loves getting down with her bad self to your playlist more than anyone elses.

Nicole said...

I totally agree with the Sexiest Man Alive! Did you know that Robert Pattinson was #13 on the list?

Kymn and Tabs said...

I also like Maroon 5 and outkast. and of course we listen to a lot of M.J. around here. =)

Shandi and James said...

Jenni! How are you?! I read your comment, I'm so glad you found me haha! I added you, I hope that's ok. Which condo's do you live in?? Your pug is so so cute! Girl or boy?

tina said...

OH. Sorry if I creeped you out. I actually grew up in Matt's ward. My maiden name is Tina Burton.

Anonymous said...

Haha... i am so in the mood for christmas this year! SO EXCITED!... mostly i think for the break from school, but for the whole Christmas ordeal too!! GO EARLY CHRISTMAS BLOGS!! Haha..

Keely said...

I really need to get one of these! I have a couple old ones made! But, I usually have my computer on mute! So, I haven't gotten around to making a current one for my blog! Music does tell alot about a person! :)