~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I VOTED!! DID YOU?!

Sometimes the best people to get advice from aren't really people. I give you MAXINE. Those who know me will already be aware that I fully plan on being her when I'm old. I think she is hilarious! But, all joking aside, it is too easy to forget what a huge blessing and privilege it is to vote. It was rainy and cold and gross today, but so what? Vote. You would have to wait in line for 2 hours, but so what? Vote. If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain and whine when things don't happen in this country like you want them to. If you don't use your voice when its asked for, then keep it quiet later. I am proud to be an American, and proud to say that I voted!!

3 comments:

Cameron said...

Jenni,
I love that your always leaving comments on my blog. At least I know one person reads them!
Your dogs costume is so cute!
Anyway I'm glad you voted. I was never able to get Wayne to get my registration in, since I had no idea where to take it to. I was so mad at him. Hopefully next time where ever we are I'll be able to vote. We should be home by then though.
We definatly have to get together when I come home.

Kymn and Tabs said...

I voted! (early) I hate standing in line for long amounts of time!

Anonymous said...

Funny Maxine cartoons! And YES, I voted too. Way to be a responsible citizen, Jen. I'm so glad you see the value in fulfilling your duty as a citizen of this country. It really is a privilege to vote...even if sometimes it seems our vote doesn't really matter.