For me, the biggest reason to blog is for the pictures. Stories are great, but it's the pictures that really count! Ya know? So yeah....prepare for picture overload! As you can imagine, I have several hundred that are literally begging to be shared.
Jake is going to be 2 at the end of the month. Don't ask how that has happened, because I don't know. But I figured I should probably blog about his 1st birthday before his 2nd comes and goes! I know, I'm brilliant.
Jake's music walker. This is what we gave him for this first of many milestone! When he pushes it it plays music. The funny thing is that this kid loves to dance so much, that once the music started the walking would stop, because he would stop to dance! haha, love him!
Annie came with her new baby, Oakley. She was only a few months old, and sweet as can be!
As with all small children, Jake didn't quite understand what the heck he was supposed to do with the flaming candle. "You guys put this in front of me like I'm supposed to touch it, and then freak out when I try to! What the heck?" I can easily imagine what he was thinking.
The first and only time I have made a cake from scratch. He loved it. Everyone loved it! Which was such a relief, because it had the potential to be weird. He loves fruit, and bananas in particular, so I wanted to make a cake that had fruit in it. This was a banana split cake. And it was delicious! He dove right in, and even tried to lick the plate....makes a mom proud.
If anyone could be considered Jake's best friend, it would be Alex. He adores that brother of mine! They've always loved being around each other. Alex's nickname for Jake is actually "friend." Now that we've moved away, he's the person that Jake talks about the most. I'm not surprised. He's an awesome person! We're all going to miss him dearly when he leaves at the end of the month for his mission in Jalapa, Mexico. But, we know he will be an incredible missionary. Plus, it will be a good reason to have one heck of a party for Jake's 4th birthday and his homecoming!!! YAY!! I keep crossing my fingers that I'll be able to head down south to see him once his mission is almost done. Matt will be done with school by then (can I get a big freakin WAHOOO???!!!!) and I think that would be a great celebratory vacation. :)
Stay tuned....more to come....





1 comment:
That cake looked awesome! You know my birthday is coming up....
But gosh darn you had to move across the country! Now what am I going to do!? Ha ha ha
Jake is simply adorable and he scored some sweet gifts. Can't wait to get his 2nd birthday update.
Post a Comment