~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Thursday, August 12, 2010

*Baby Shower!*

Thanks to all my wonderful family and friends, the baby shower was a HUGE success! It was so much fun to see everybody, and to open all the presents with cute little baby stuff inside. Thank you so much for all your generosity!! Matt and I feel incredibly blessed right now, and that has everything to do with YOU.
Karen (the lady sitting right behind me) was one of my Laurel leaders in Young Women's, and she gave me the cute little shoes I'm holding in the top picture.....among a whole bunch of other things! They are so adorable!
So many gifts....it was pretty much better than Christmas or Birthdays!

Look at all the wonderful people! We heart you. :)

As you can see, I made a total killing! So many gifts, I was lucky I was able to transport them all home! So the little nugget's room is a bit of a mess right now, since they all just got dumped in there until I can sort through them all and get organized. I told ya, we are so lucky!

It was such a crazy, fun day. The same morning, I came up to the ol BC early so I could go to the groundbreaking ceremony for the temple with my parents. That was really neat. It was much more interesting than I even thought it would be, and it was so cool to hear some of the stories surrounding the journey that happened to get to the point of a temple being built in Brigham. And the temple is going to be absolutely beautiful!! I love that President Packer told everyone that the peach blossom is going to be a theme throughout the temple. It think that is so wonderful, and so fitting. So it was a VERY eventful and memorable day!
*
HUGE thanks go to Trudi, Mandi, Grandma Carolyn, Kate, and Sarahn for all of your efforts to make this party happen. I am so lucky to have you all! I know that parties like these require a whole bunch of time, effort, and money, so I am so very grateful! I kiss you all on the face!

4 comments:

brevin+kim said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have been there!!Hope you got everything that you need.

Mitch and Cortney said...

How fun! Congratulations!! When are you due?!

The Barbers said...

It truly is such a great blessing to have so many friends and family near by! Looks like your little guy got a wee bit spoiled ;0) I'm not sure how anyone could be prepared to bring home a baby without the love and support of those around you. Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I think I missed out on some good times.

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

I'm glad your shower was such a success. And I agree--it's almost as fun as Christmas. :) But just think how fun this Christmas will be with an ACTUAL baby opening the gifts (well maybe with a little help from his mommy and daddy!) Congrats again.