~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

*Two Trips*

Well, I have had a rather eventful couple of months!! Matt and I went on a weekender to Fish Lake in August, and then I went with my mom to St. George to see AIDA at Tuacahn at the very end of August...it was wonderful!! So here are loads of pictures from the fun....and the story pretty much goes backward because blogger is dumb and posts them that way, and it takes to long to switch them around. Enjoy!
This is at Brigham Young's summer home. Did you know that he had a summer home??! I certainly did not, so I was rather astounded when we drove past it and saw a sign saying that very thing! So, of course, we had to go and get a tour of the place. It's really neat! Lots of old stuff that was really his. And it actually really beautiful with lots of gorgeous details that would be difficult to do in the late 1800's. My mom loved this little bench area. She wants on in her yard now. ;)
Brigham Young's home. The part on the left was an addition they did just a few years after completing the main part of the house.

Mom and I in our seats at Tuacahn waiting for the show to start! IT WAS AWESOME!!! I have honestly never seen a show as magnificent as this was....and it could only be this grand at Tuacahn. It was my first time there, and I was VERY pleasantly suprised. They had a water feature that looked like a real, natural waterful back behind the stage area, and at one point it actually ran across the fetchin stage, creating the Nile...water flowed across the whole damn stage!! It was incredible.
Too bad the lady that took our picture didn't realize that perhaps I wanted the stage in the picture...sheesh. Oh well, not everyone can be smart.

Celosia. Yes, I'm a flower nerd. :) But it's one of the coolest flowers in the world!! I call it the brain flower. This was growing all around the temple grounds, and it was fantastic and HUGE!

Love to see the Temple.
The temple was actually closed for cleaning, which made me really sad because I have never been in this one and I was totally planning to. Sad. I have a bit o bad luck in that area! But, the really cool thing that came out of that is that all the curtains in the temple were down to be cleaned, so you could see in the windows. With the big lights shining on the temple at night, you could really see inside, and it was quite neat! Did you know that there are two spiral staircases? There are! One in each corner in the front!

We also learned that the St. George temple has the most sealing rooms of any temple. The reason why is this: See the circle windows on the very top? Well, since it was the very first temple in full operation, lots of people traveled there to do temple work. Obviously, they needed a place to stay. So they made little apartments in the top level of the temple for people to stay in when they came to do temple work! Isn't that cool??!! So once those rooms weren't needed anymore, they were converted into sealing rooms. Some of those little spindly spires are actually working chimneys, too. For the previous accommodations. Neat!



FISH LAKE
This is the freakin old lodge. It's sinking and sagging, but it is so cool! They actually hold church services on the right end. It's a great big ballroom with huge windows! We didn't stay here, which I think I'm glad about since it is so run down. We stayed in a place in Loa, called the Snuggle Inn. I kid you not!! hahaha! It even had a bunny on the sign.

Heading out in our rented "boat" to do a little fishin! Sad, but we didn't catch a thing. Bad time of day, I guess. That's the lodge in the background.

CHEESE!!

Hey, fishin is serious stuff.

View out the window of the lodge where we ate a delish breakfast.



This Sheriff sits right at the edge of town where you come around a bend out of the mountains, and the speed suddenly drops to 30...so of course, everyone slams on their brakes to try and get their runaway vehicles to slow down so they don't get busted! I was grumbling about how I suppose there's nothing better to do in such a small town than to sit there and watch for people to bust, when I realize.....the cop is a dummy!! REALLY!! A dummy, not a real cop!! Hahaha! I laughed so hard....quite clever, actually, cuz nobody speeds coming through their town because they put a cop car there with a dummy in it. So great that we had to take a picture or two.
Well, there's our adventures...some of them anyway! I still have stuff to post that is more recent, but I don't want to burn anybody out, including me! See ya in a couple of days. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There used to be a police car with a dummy in it parked on Highway 89 through Willard where the speed drops. But sometimes it would be a real police officer and you never knew which to expect. To this day I never speed through Willard!

Kelly said...

Yah! You blog! Me Too!! Look at mine ;)

wandktreadway.blogspot.com

you cuz,

Kelly (bell) Treadway

Erin said...

Sounds like some fun trips. We went to St. George last year and had a lot of fun. We wish we would have made it down this year for Aida though I hear it was fantastic. We might go to Loa sometime soon though because my friend lives there. Sound like fun.

Josh and Heather said...

Very exciting! All of it! Lots of fun and good memories. Love it!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Tuacahn is fantastic isn't it? I love that stage and every seat is good! And the ST. George temple...oh I miss it. Too bad it was closed. I guess you'll have to go back sometime.

Andrea :) said...

What a great way to end your summer! Love all the adventures! If only all radar checking cops were dummies (sigh)... ;)

Nicole said...

Loved Aida too! Amazing!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*karen* said...

I have been to that play in Tuacahn, I went when I was younger. I don't remember too much about it, but I DO remember that water part! It was so cool!