~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

*ALASKA*

WOW, what an adventure!!! I must say, if you ever get the opportunity to see Alaska on a cruise, you absolutely MUST do it! It was so fantastic, and even more beautiful than I had imagined that it could be. Matt and I are definitely lucky to have been able to go on this trip....thanks so much to Mom and Dad Bell for taking all of us huligans on a trip of this quality!! It was definitely a trip of a lifetime, and one that I won't forget! (for all of the good reasons, of course) ;)
Here are a "few" pictures from our quest....and yes, I'm being serious when I say "a few!" I have a whole bunch more pictures that are on Annie's computer that I needed to purge from my memory card, because my camera ran out of memory! Thank goodness she had her laptop with her! So, consider this Part I.
Gettin all geared up for the zipline in Juneau! This was SO fun...
Annie and Me


We're all trying to see where our next platform is. This was the longest one...I think it was 750 feet, or something like that.

Haha, no high heels allowed on the suspension bridge!! Just in case any of you are dumb enough to actually DO that!

Those of you who know Matt will already know what HIS caption is for this picture...hahaha!


Matt doing his ET Walk across the suspension bridge. You shoulda been there....I laughed so hard I almost peed, and I almost had to sit down on the bridge.....it was SO FUNNY!!!

Chillin in the ski lodge after the ziplines, waiting for our ride to come pick us up and take us to the Mendenhall Glacier. This is one of my faves. :)

Two sleepy boys on the way to the glacier!

My handsome man!! Yes, those are icebergs in the water, and they are MUCH bigger than this picture could ever show. It was crazy.

The Mendenhall Glacier.


There are waterfalls all over the place!!



Matt and Annie being incredibly bored while "fishing" in Ketchikan. They only caught 2 babies in almost 5 hours!! Sad!

Formal night #2

Yucky, YUCKY caviar!! 2 different kinds....one more gross than the other.... (weird rich people) haha!



This is my sweet hat that I bought at the swap meet in Anchorage....I bought it from a Russian lady, and I just couldn't help myself....it was too cool and too soft for me to pass up!! PETA would string me up by my toes!! Or throw flour bombs at my face....

9 comments:

Kami said...

It looks so fun. I am jealous. Maybe someday....Oh and Happy Birthday! :)

Kate said...

Man! That looks AWSOMW! Take me with you next time you go. OK!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! :)

Sarahn, Cade, Memphis, and Dempsey said...

Seriously awesome! I am jealous--both for the trip AND the hat! Woot! Woot!

Andrea :) said...

DANG! That looks like so much fun! Sign me up for the next cruise... :)

Josh and Heather said...

So much FUN!!! I love your hat! I think a cruise would be way fun and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Kymn and Tabs said...

i would LOVE to go zip-lining, Someday I will do something fun like that. I have a feeling Kymn would NOT go with me though, he likes his feet on the ground. whatever thats all about!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Jenni,
I have been thinking about you the last few days wondering how things are going? The baby thing, your townhome (any luck with a buyer?), and your job situation. It looks like you had a ton of fun on your alaskan cruise.

Nicole said...

Jenni-

It looks like you had so much fun! Thanks for the comment on my blog, it made me feel better! I am trying to not be as discouraged! We should try to get together and do something this summer!