~ TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS TO FEEL THE SUN FROM BOTH SIDES. ~
-David Viscott

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

*Funeral*

Matt's grandma, Deloris Hill, died on Saturday, April 18, 2009. Her funeral was the following Thursday, and my Grandpa Wes and I sang at it....as far as funerals go, it was very beautiful and sweet. She was a woman who was AMAZING at family history. She had searched nearly her whole life to find one line of her family, and only found it within the past decade....easily her life's work. It was really neat to hear stories about her life, and stories about how hard she has worked at family history, and doing their work for them here on the earth. It was very inspiring. The three things that defined her are Family, Hard Work, and Family History. She really was one of the hardest working people I have ever met, even up to her final weeks. She was incredibly strong, and she will be greatly missed. Times like these really make you appreciate the knowledge that we have because of the gospel. I don't know how people survive losing someone they love if they believe that they will never see them again. That makes death much too final. I am so, so grateful that I know otherwise.

*Bryce, Bob, Hunter, and Matt*


*All the casket bearers*

3 comments:

Josh and Heather said...

My heart goes out to you both! I know how hard it is to lose someone so close. I love you both!

Jorgensen Bunch said...

I'm so sorry to hear that his grandma passed away. Sounds like she was amazing!
I am wanting to do some drought? tollerant plants. Obviously so I don't have to do much work;) But I want lots of color. I love tulips and already have some. But I want something that will last almost the whole summer. Any ideas?!
PS you two need to get on the baby making machine as well;) you would make some pretty darn cute ones! But don't let me sway you.

Kymn and Tabs said...

Im so sorry to hear that you lost a loved one! It is so hard, and I agree with you Jenni, it would be much to hard to think that was the last time you'd ever see them! thankfully we have the gospel in our lives to know and believe other wise! our prayers are with you!